Happy New Year!! I had a wonderful year in 2015, discovered some amazing products, and really found my footing on a solid beauty routine! I want to share with you my Top 15 products of 2015, some new finds and some old trusty's! In no particular order:
1. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - £15.50 - My skin is fairly clear, but I do suffer from hormonal breakouts along my jaw line/chin one or twice a month. When this happens, I immediately reach for my Effaclar Duo, and know that applying at night after cleansing will result in a far more clear face in the morning! This procuct is not a miracle worker, i.e. it will not magically remove every blemish from my face in one night of sleep, but I can safely say it will clear my skin up within a couple of days!
2. Pixi Glow Tonic - £18.00 - This year I learnt the importance of looking after my skin, hence why in this list you will see a few similar skin care products. I tend to switch between 3 different skincare routines, but a lot of products cross over into all 3. Pixi Glow tonic is an acid toner widely known to be a P50 dupe. I find it very hard to explain why I love glow tonic, and have failed to convert many of my friends by just simply stating that I love it, and it makes my skin look better/more glowy...very scientific I know!
3. Alpha H Liquid Gold - £33.50 - I bought this product because Ruth Crilly A Model Recommends described it as "taking your skin to the gym". The idea of this intruiged me and I haven't looked back since. I sue this after my evening cleanse and do not follow it up with any other products.
4.Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Balm - £38.00 - This was my go to cleanser in 2015. I repurchased it multiple times, and will continue to do so in 2016. It feels luxurious on the skin, removes all traces of make up, and has the mot delightful scent, This is one of my few high end products I own, and I can solidly say it is worth the money!
5. Ren Vita Mineral Omega 3 Supreme Skin Face Oil - £25.00 - This serum appears in my skin care routine almost every night of the week. Paired with a good toner, and followed up with moisturizer this product is suitable for all skin types!
6. Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation - £8.99 - This was my most loved everyday foundation in 2015, It's perfect for work as it is lightweight with a light/medium coverage, and I can never feel it sitting on my face. This foundation needs a touch up after about 6 hours, and the best thing is it re applies beautifully, and doesn't ever appear cakey on my skin!
7. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - £5.99 - I'm extremely late to this bandwagon and am sure you are all aware of this sponge craze. This is essentially Real Techniques answer to the beauty blender. I use this damp to apply foundation and concealer, it gives a lovely finish and is especially good at taking away the cakiness of heavier foundations i.e. Revlon Colorstay.
8. Benefit Coralista Blush - £23.50 - I have used the blush almost every time I've worn make up in the last 24 months. It gives my cheeks a healthy peachy glow which lasts all day. When I was a student on a tighter budget I used to use Natural Collection's Peach Melba which could be passed off as a dupe for this, minus the smell and staying power.
9. Revlon Highlighting Pallette Rose Glow - £9.99 - I randomly picked this up in a 3 for 2 sale at boots whilst purchasing a Revlon mascara and foundation, and it is now by far my favourite revlon product. When used as a highlighter, rose glow gives what I consider to be the perfect sheen to my cheeks, and when caught in the right light it is simply stunning, I have received a number of compliments on my skin since I began wearing this!
10. Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt Cologne - £85.00 - This scent was a gift from my boyfriend, and wasn't one I would initially have chosen for myself. After wearing this for the first time I could not stop sniffing my wrist, the scent is so light, refreshing and unique. If you have a chance please stop by a Jo Malone store/counter and smell this! I used the fragrance alone for daytime, and in the evenings I layer it with my Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede for a beautiful evening fragrance.
I will be doing monthly favorites during 2016 that will not be limited to beauty products so I can keep updating you on what I'm enjoying! In the meantime please let me know what your favorite products of 2015 were!!
Thank you and best wishes for the New Year!!